A Penance

My photo
To be her is my destiny. She is pure and so she is free. SHE is: A blessing to her parents, a darling to her friends, a treat to her children... She exists in many forms for everyone. My journey will end when I become her.

Friday, February 12, 2010

An Oprah, the Nun and the Brahmin

As I watched the young, innocent, beautiful faces of the Catholic nuns proudly state that they are blessed to be wearing their wedding dress since they are married to Jesus and being the bride of Jesus gives them the utmost pride

...... Oprah. her guests, millions of viewers and I had tears in our eyes

The nuns showed such love and such determination...

I am sure we each thought of the endless wars that we wage in our daily lives to be happy and seeing these young girls who happily state that they are in bliss, and they have let go of everything in their lives because they are fulfilled and need nothing else in life!
We strive to want it all. And they with nothing, seem to have it all

For Oprah
For my friends
For me..
We are in search of something else

And for me and the other million Brahmins of the world --
Many generations ago, we started where the nuns are today
For centuries we were born and raised to chant the name of God
For ages we practiced the art of giving up and owning nothing
Our ancestors lived a life of minimalists, spiritual leaders and masters of the mind
Today we their children hoard wealth, seek satisfaction in immersing in worldly pleasures

A few tears is all I had for the nuns

No comments: