A Penance

My photo
To be her is my destiny. She is pure and so she is free. SHE is: A blessing to her parents, a darling to her friends, a treat to her children... She exists in many forms for everyone. My journey will end when I become her.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The slimy slinky gate keeper to a best kept secret

On a restful sunday afternoon nothing can beat the warm feeling of munching on fresh snacks and sweets as your mom or granny try new recipes for sweets and store them in air tight containers, but generously distribute the broken scarps to the mob of kids hanging outside the kitchen door - who will then willingly grab the vessels and pan and continue polishing and licking the last bits that stick to the pan...

And that made a moment for my grandma to share her wisdom "The palace gates and the kitchen doors never leave you empty handed!"

Two and a half decades later I am struggling to control another greedy gate keeper
It wisps
Wags
Its slimy
Slick
and uncontrollable!

Its not one, but a collective mob
Tiny as they are
Unique are their qualities
Rare is their gift
They capture everything
And memorize
And recall at whim

My lustful taste buds

The devils they are...
They destroy my will for good health
And crumble my resolutions for sanity

My lifes destiny seems to be in their hands
They seem to control my thoughts
They rule my very self
Until I disappear in my own greed
Until the goddess is burned

But I have felt
and I have tasted
The pure joy of selflessness
The sheer sanctity of self control
The imminent possibility of setting free

And so now the gate keeper is under my control

No comments: